Virtual 2022 Calendar Photo Contest
HERE IS HOW IT WORKS: You must enter your photos electronically. Please email your photos to Robin Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org AND Kenny Adamsbaum at email@example.com no later than April 24th. With the exception of photo submissions, all other standing contest rules will apply.
Electronic voting will be open from May 1st through May 3rd. Click here to view the entries. Click here to access the ballot. You may vote for up to three photos. Winners will be announced on May 8th. This process will not become the norm as we will return to our traditional photo contest submissions and voting for the future.
The Board looks forward to seeing all of you on Zoom at noon on May 2nd. Additional details will follow.
Revised July 2020
- Each photo submitted MUST BE TAKEN AND OWNED by the submitting active GEBA member. You CANNOT use other people’s photos as your entry even with their permission.
- Three photos may be entered per GEBA member. Photos can be from any year.
- Only one winning photo will be selected per GEBA member.
- Each photo entered MUST be LANDSCAPE (HORIZONTAL).
- Photos must be submitted electronically. Please email your photos to Kenny Adamsbaum at firstname.lastname@example.org AND Robin Smith at email@example.com no later than April 24th.
- Winning photos will be the 16 photos with the most overall votes. The top 14 will be used in the calendar. The other 2 will be alternates. Alternates will only be used if the top 14 do not meet the printer’s resolution standards.
- All active GEBA members are eligible to vote once during the approved voting period.
- The winning photos will be determined by GEBA member votes at the May meeting.
- The minimum allowable resolution for winning photos is 1600 X 1200. Printers require the resolution to be 300 dpi. Photos with lower resolution than this will be removed from the winning photos.
- Winning photos MUST be submitted as digital files. Scanned prints will not be accepted.
- The top 16 winning photos must be provided to Tony Saxton at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 20 of each year. If you do not supply an electronic file by the deadline an alternate will be used.
- The first place photo will be placed on the front cover of the GEBA calendar.
- Photoshop editing (pasting) of pictures is not allowed.
- Picture enhancement is allowed. (example: color enhancement and cropping)